Intelligent Living
Innovation Lifestyle

This is the smartwatch we’ve been waiting for, but it doesn’t exist, yet

The Moment Smartwatch is the work of Momentum Labs, and is a unique concept that is designed to give you access to a full keyboard, and many interactive settings.

The new smartwatch looks more like a bracelet than a wrist watch, it features a built in 1.73 inch 150 DPI electrophoretic display, that will have a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels.

It will be powered by a TI Viva C Series ARM Cortex M4 processor, and it will come with a 820 mAh battery that they claim will last for 30 days on a single charge. The smartwatch also has Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE connectivity to add to its 360° touch interface, so that it can be connected to a smartphone and other devices.

The smartwatch will come with an IP67 rating for dust and water proofing, a nine axis digital sensor, and more, claim Momentum Labs.

The Moment Smartwatch concept research and development is said to be 80% complete. The remaining 20% will only happen once actual production begins, which will hinge on successful funding of their Kickstarter campaign, starting on June 24th.

If the Kickstarter campaign is successful, Momentum Labs is looking to sell its futuristic smartwatch for $230.

Interestingly, unlike most smartwatches, it features hardware modules called “Snapware” for adding additional functionality, such as the ability to use the smartwatch to remotely control various smart devices.

Momentum Labs is comprised of just five individuals located in Athens, Ohio and Hong Kong, they are hoping to reach $300,000 with Kickstarter, to kick off a production run of at least 500 units.

Why buy this watch and not another? The reason would be identical “to any reason you’d buy any smartwatch, but we do it better” said Ray Fischer, the co-owner of Momentum Labs.

The company is making big claims, but as with any concept, the reality may end up quite different.

Related Articles

Solar City to put new integrated solar roofs on 5 million US homes

Shibani Punekar

New Smog Vacuum May Help Clean Polluted Beijing Air

M Caulfield

Watch Tesla’s new robotic tentacle arm find the car’s charging port

Aaron Jackson

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More